Monday, January 18, 2010

In My Sweet Pains I Rot

You tell me love is magical,
And ask me to keep faith,
While my heart takes a leap, and falls again
And I see its burning wraith.
So I dream you in a dream this last time
To let you know of my denial,
That I’ve discovered it all over again,
Love is the reason for all vile.

All life is being pulled out from me
And I’m unsure if I’ll see tomorrow’s sun.
All I’ve got from my unconditional love
Are some scars that shall forever burn,
Like a seven days’ promise
That has turned into a sentence for life,
A love bug’s venom that now flows in me
Or your gentle touch that cuts like knife.

It’s hell that I traverse each day,
Yet somehow it feels like heaven,
It’s bliss to know you’re doing fine;
And in your smile dissolves my pain.
When I see you laugh in joy,
Against my heart ache I strongly rebel.
And born again is my faith.
I tell you love is magical.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice poem...is it comming from real time experience?? ;)

Vaibhav Mathur said...

Thanks Priya.

This poem is last of a series of 4 poems I have written on this theme. You would need to read all my poems and decipher by yourself which other 3 poems are related to this one. I have left behind clues in each one of them, and it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find out which are the related ones.

Once you find out, you would be in a better position to judge if they are coming from real life experience or not.